Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Raavan: Music has me head over heels

Well, I have just begun writing and I have started on a bad note. I mistimed my previous blog on Raavan. I have studied Statistics and I should not be biased while reviewing or analyzing something. But Beera as a character has my mind boggled all over.

Look now, I my reviewing both music and the movie together at the same time. And I am not gonna reveal anything from the story. So you can keep the suspense still in your pockets. BEERA BEERA BEERA

Beera ke das maathe, 100 naam, chede joh, Dhama Dham Dham Dham. Sabaas, Sabaas,, itna bhayaankar gaana.. Par A.R. Rahman. Boss, kya keh sakte hai aapka?? Slumdog ke Jai Ho ke baad yeh gaana itna pasand aya ki aisa laga ki jaadu sa kar diya aapne. Beera aisa gaana hai ki agar U have shonk of adivaasis, U will immediately get a tribal feel when you have listened to the 2nd stanza of this song. I can spend hours listening to this because I unwilling can relate to this song.

Coming to BEHENE DE, BEHENE DE; sachi mujhe is gaane mei behene do. Itni pyaari lyrics hai is gaane ki. Aur Jab Aishwarya slo-mo mei niche girti dikhai gayi hai woh kuch bhi nahi hai. Mast toh Abhishek lagta hai jab slide karta jaata hai samundar mei. 
Behne de ghanghor ghata behne de paani ki tarah, Saagar mein jaa girna hai behne de nadiyaa ki tarah. Isme koi shak ki baat nahi hai, Yeh lyrics Gulzaar Sahb ke alawa aur koi likh hi nahi sakta.

Thok De Killi, ki door nahi hai Chalega Dilli..// Is gaane mei jab shenahi bajti hai, maza aa jata hai. Aur Abhishek ka Tribal Dance. In this movie, if you observe Abhishek's histrionics closely You will agree with what Ram Gopal Verma had to say to Big B. Sir, aapka ladka aapse zyaada acha actor hai. Khatarnaak shehnai bajti hai is gaane mei. Khatarnaak. Is song ki choreography bilkul hatke hai.
I am very much in love with the ruthlessness of this song. The way it has been sung, makes a strong impact.


RanJha RanJha kardi..... Wont write much about this song. Mindblowing start to this song but it lacks depth and adding Hindi lyrics to this song makes this borish. What I cannot understand is this that majority of the people listen to this song but the full song is not there in the picture.
But have you listened to the Tamil version of this song. Well here is the link. I could not understand a thing but I personally I like the Tamil version more than the Hindi one. Below is the link. Copy and paste it in your address bar and enter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BpXC8CISA

Kata Kata re bachara bakra, mana mana le khair mana le, aakhri raat kunwara. Classic. What more can you expect from such a terrific start that you listen to Kanya ko bulao. And next comes, "Aye hawa pe chalti hai yeh chhori, paron se bhi halki hai re; Dahi se bhi khatti hai suna hai, dahi bhi woh kal ki hai re."
Watching the video of this song, I am immediately reminded of the viah di tiyaari in my native Punjab. And I get very sad by the thought that till this moment I thought we Punjabis are the desiest breed in our country. But India being a land of diversity throws up surprises every now and then. Awsome work, Rahman. Keep it up. And I know You will. You always have a trick in hand.

Khilli Re, I cannot listen to this song. Its girlish. Its romantic. It means nothing to me. But Aishwarya's Bharatnatyam, she can't act but she can dance, dance very well. This song shouldnt have been there in the movie. Did the Director think that fans of Aishwarya would be pleased. Well, does Aishwarya has any fans left. After her marriage to Abhishek, I feel most of her fans were poached by Katrina and Kareena.

And the covers of this album,, FANTABULOUS. I dont like collecting music in the physical form, I mean CDs. But I know a lot of people do buy CDs. Just for the covers. So what are you waiting for. Either download this or buy it. You won't repent it and you will listen, enjoy, or I would like to say refer to it for ages.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned something. Never write a music review for a movie that flops badly.

    ReplyDelete